The sportscotland School Sport Award is a national, Lottery funded initiative designed to encourage schools to continuously improve physical education (PE) and school sport opportunities. The sportscotland School Sport Award:
- Encourages schools to self reflect and continuously improve
- Puts young people at the forefront of the decision making and planning of PE and sport in their school
- Helps schools to increase young people’s opportunities and engagement in PE & school sport
- Helps schools to put PE & school sport at the heart of their planning, practice and ethos
- Recognises and celebrates successful PE & school sport models
Mile End applied for a sports award back in Term 4 last session and we have just been awarded a Silver award. We are one of only 4 primary schools in the city to be awarded.
As part of the award process we have to have a Sports Committee. Let me introduce the Sports Ambassadors for the school who work with Mrs Sykes and our active school reps, Nicola and Grant. As a committee we meet to talk about the way ahead for sporting opportunities at Mile End.