Learning in the technologies enables pupils to:
- develop an understanding of the role and impact of technologies in changing and influencing societies
- contribute to building a better world by taking responsible, ethical actions to improve my life, the lives of others and the environment
- gain the confidence and skills to embrace and use technologies now and in the future, at home, at work and in the wider community
- become an informed consumer and producer who has an appreciation of the merits and impacts of products and services
- be capable of making reasoned choices relating to the environment, sustainable development and ethical, economic and cultural issues
- broaden understanding of the role that information and communications technology (ICT) has in Scotland and in the global community
- broaden awareness of how ideas in mathematics and science are used in engineering and the technologies
- experience work-related learning, and establish firm foundations for lifelong learning, and specialised study and careers.
We are currently looking to developing digital literacy.
Technology can be taught either discreetly ( only looking at the Experiences and Outcomes within technology) or in an interdisciplinary way