Mile End Parent Council
Please click on the link below to access our new Parent Council and PTA website!
We are a group made up of parents and staff of Mile End School who represent the Parent Forum (which consists of all parents, guardians and carers of children attending the school).
• To work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents.
• To promote partnership between the school, its staff, pupils and parents.
• To provide a conduit to help parents support the education and welfare of the pupils.
• To seek the views of parents on the education and welfare of the pupils and use these views to form discussions at Parent Council meetings.
• To establish better communication to parents using technology available e.g. web, email, etc.
• To actively promote fundraising for the betterment of the pupils in Mile End School.
• To receive gifts and apply for and obtain grants.
The Parent Council is the official body through which the Head Teacher communicates with parents on strategic issues. We also receive communication directly from Aberdeen City Council.
Mile End Parent Council welcome communication with parents, children and staff and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by handing a note into the school marked for the attention of the Parent Council.
Mile End PTA
We are a sub-group of the Mile End Parent Council and organize social and fundraising events throughout the school year. The PTA constitution outlines its purpose as “the advancement of education, health and children’s participation in sport for the children of Mile End School”. It also promotes communication between parents and teachers.
Money raised in previous years has been spent on such things as playground markings, interactive whiteboards, football strips, school trips, classroom supplies and musical instruments – all “extras” for the benefit of children at our school.
We are always looking for new members. If you are interested in joining either the Parent Council or PTA please email using the enquiry form or contact the school.