The inspiration and power of the arts play a vital role in enabling our children and young people to enhance their creative talent and develop artistic skills. By engaging in experiences within the expressive arts children will recognise and represent feelings and emotions both their own and those of others. The expressive arts play a central role in shaping our sense of personal, social and cultural identity.
The Expressive Arts are crucial in helping us to:
- enable pupils to to experience the inspiration and power of the arts
- recognise and nurtures creative and aesthetic talents
- develop skills and techniques that are relevant to specific art forms and across the four capacities
- provide opportunities to deepen understanding of culture in Scotland and the wider world
- enhance and enrich learning through partnerships with professional arts companies, creative adults and cultural organisations.
At Mile End the pupils are exposed to a number of experiences in art & design, dance, drama and music. We have specialists working with the pupils in all these areas termly and we also have the expertise of outside agencies, groups and instructors to compliment what already is in place within school.
There is the opportunity for after school clubs, lunchtime clubs and music and singing instruction which cover the arts. Please ask for further details.